Advanced Concepts in Motor Learning and Performance for Motor Skills Instructors Recertification
ACMLP recertification is an update and recertification course for the Advanced Concepts of Motor Learning and Performance (ACMLP #2067). It is a required for continued certification as Master Instructor.
During this course, participants will learn and understand the science based concepts and practices related to psycho-motor skills performance and instruction.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?
This class is open to active law enforcement officers who meet the prerequisites.
- Motor Learning & Performance 5th Edition (Schmidt & Lee)
- Presentation and writing equipment
- Level One Instructor Manual
- Skill Instruction for Coaches textbook used in Level One courses
- Test and answer questions in preparation for instructional exercises
This course is delivered in a combination of at-home-self-study and classroom format. Completion of 230+ questions based on the required reading must be submitted prior to acceptance into the course.
Agencies should consider this study time as part of this course.
The following book is required to be able to answer all questions:
- Motor Learning & Performance 5th Edition (Schmidt & Lee, Black cover with 2 females on the cover)
- Publisher: Human Kinetics.
- Click here to be directed to the Amazon Website for this book
The following are the required questions based on the reading:
- Click here for the 5th Edition, Version 4.1 of the test
- Acknowledgement of receipt of all test questions and answers must be included with application.
- Please submit to Bob Bragg at email@example.com
In addition to the required reading, the following is also recommended:
- Attention and Motor Skill Learning - Wulf
- Motor Control in Everyday Actions - Lee
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
RegulationThis class should be attended within 3 years of the last class for recertification purposes.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700 Monday through Friday.
Dates and locations will vary by session.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
$150 no show or late cancellation fee