This is an 80-hour comprehensive tactics review course designed to develop instructor trainer abilities. This course is the final course after completion of all Criminal Justice Training Commission Control and Defensive Tactics classes and involves participation in the instruction of Control Tactics instructor under the close supervision of veteran MI’s as a portion of the course.
Within this class the participant is given time to develop their outline for the production of the required video project. Throughout a week-long review process, emphasis is placed on proper psychomotor skills involved in Control/Defensive tactics instruction, theoretical background to develop agency or regional specific Field Instructor programs.
Specific areas covered in this course:
- Review of all psychomotor skills contained in the prerequisite classes.
- Control Tactics
- Defensive Tactics
- Impact Weapon Tactics
- Ground survival Tactics
- Principles of motor performance, and motor learning as they relate to skill instruction and testing.
- Appropriate method of safe class conduct including awareness of environmental conditions relative to the specific class content of a PMS training session.
- Development of field instructors
- Management of curriculum development
- Observation analysis and mentoring of new field instructors
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Current employment in the criminal justice field and completion of ALL of the following DT courses:
- Control Tactics Level One Instructor Course #2071
- Impact Weapons Instructor Course #2073
- Firearms Retention and Disarming Instructor Course #2074
- Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint Instructor Course #2075
- Level 2 Instructor Course #2076
- OC Spray Instructor Course #2079
- Ground Survival Tactics Instructor Course #2187
- Advanced Concepts in Motor Learning and Performance for Motor Skill Instructors Course #2067
Who can attend our classes?Class is only open to active law enforcemen officers who meet the prerequisites.
- Fully equipped duty belt
- Riot baton
- Knee and elbow pads
- Impact resistant suit
- Inert firearm
- Athletic tape
- Video recorder
- Power cord
- Past manuals
- Be prepared to engage in the full spectrum of C/DT training
In accordance with OSHA standards, participants must have clean activity clothes daily. Long-legged pants and long-sleeved shirts or rash guard should be available for class use.
Participants are required to read and answer questions for each chapter in the text:
- Sport Psychology for Coaches (see www.humankinetics.com)
Due to the physical nature of the class participants should be able to pass a physical ability test.
- 30 6-count Burpees in 3 minutes or less
- 30 Sit-ups in 60 seconds or less
- Click here for more details on the PAT.
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency ID badge while on campus. Visitors not wearing agency identification will need check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
RegulationStudents must complete Master Recertification Instructor Course #2170 every year to maintain their Master Instructor Certification.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700 Monday through Friday.
Dates and locations will vary by session.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$300 no show or late cancellation fee
|Session||Session Title||Selection Date||Dates & Hours||Location||Status|
|2070-1||Master Instructor||8/26/2019||9/23/2019 - 10/4/2019
0800 - 1700
19010 1st Avenue South
Burien, WA 98148