OC Spray Tactics Instructor
This is a 16 hour class that is designed to promote safe and efficacious selection and use of OC spray. The participant will learn and understand:
- The situations that allow for the proper use OC
- Tactics and techniques of OC application
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background to analyze OC Products in order to make recommendations to agency administrators
- Additionally the Participant will be aware of the probable medical implications associated with the use of OC spray
The areas specifically covered are:
- Anatomy of the eye, lungs, and skin
- Delivery systems
- Effects of OC
- Use of force issues
- Tactics of standing and grounded OC application
- Control tactics follow-up procedures
- Clean-up procedures
- OC spray selection
- Practical exercises
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?
Class is only open to active law enforcement officers who meet the prerequisites.
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification will need check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
RegulationTo maintain certification, participants must enroll in OC Spray Tactics Instructor Recertification Online Course #2179 every three years.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700.
Dates and locations will vary by session.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
$150 no show or late cancellation fee.