Vascular Neck Restraint Instructor
This 24-hour instructor course develops the participant to deliver VNR training to line officers. The participant learns the components of the VNR system instruction and application, including the legal and medical research that documents the safety and effectiveness of the VNR system.
The participant will learn and understand:
- The situations that allow for the application of this unique type of physical force
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in VNR application
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background supporting this system
- What differentiates VNR from other similar tactics used throughout the country
Subjects covered include:
- History and development
- Use-of-Force concepts, federal, state, and departmental
- Physiology and medical implications of neck restraints
- In-custody Deaths
- Mechanics of control and techniques
- Integrated Training methods using of the Impact Resistant Suit for dynamic high-speed training
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via our Learning Management System (LMS).
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?
Class is only open to active law enforcement officers who meet the prerequisites.
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
RegulationVascular Neck Restraint Instructor Recertification #2175 must be attended every three years to maintain certification active.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700.
Dates and locations will vary by session.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
$275 no show or late cancellation fee