Patrol Rifle Instructor Recertification
This class is a recertification of Patrol Rifle Instructor Course #2014 and is 8 hours in length. It should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current rifle instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories. The course objectives are as follows:
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction
- Instruction on the use of duty optics
Additional topics will include:
- Instructor Manual review
- Deployment & manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship qualification
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via our Learning Management System (LMS).
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
A shooting test will be administered the morning of class. A passing score is required to continue on with the class. Please review the 25 yard range, 50 yard range, and the skills test documents under "Required Forms" for regulations.
Who can attend our classes?This class is open to active law enforcement personnel who meet the prerequisites.
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical), optional light mount. All applicants will bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction.
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines
- Dummy training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s)
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs
- Copy of your agency's firearms policies
- One duty flashlight and one backup
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets
- Baseball cap
- Body armor
- Laptop and flash drive
- 300 rounds for rifle
- 10 inert (dummy) rifle rounds
- 50 rounds duty pistol
Other Required Materials
Students must read and be prepared to identity the components of the following book:
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author: Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 13:978073603987
Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Dress CodeStudents attending should wear range appropriate clothing and come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$200 no show or late cancellation fee.
Failure to pass the entrance firearms qualification will result in removal of the course and charge of the full course fee.
Instructors reserve the right to send any student home for safety violations. The full course fee will be charg ed.
Instructors reserve the right to send any student home for safety violations. The full course fee will be charg
Review the documents below for requirements of the entrance firearms qualification.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|2024-3||Patrol Rifle Recertification||4/15/2021||
Spokane Police Training Center
2302 North Waterworks
Spokane, WA 99212
|2024-4||Patrol Rifle Recertification||6/17/2021||
Clark County Sheriff's Range
902 Northeast 192 Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98684
|2024-1||Patrol Rifle Recertification||7/22/2021||
Okanogan County Central Landfill
247-B, B and O North Road
Okanogan, WA 98840
|2024-2||Patrol Rifle Recertification||9/15/2021||
3230 Twin Bridges Road
Richland, WA 99354