Shotgun Instructor Recertification
This class is a recertification of Shotgun Instructor Course #2018 and is now a 16 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current shotgun instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories. The course topics are as follows:
- Shotgun Instructor Manual Review
- Shotgun deployment & manipulation exercises
- Shotgun Marksmanship Qualifications
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for instruction
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via our Learning Management System (LMS).
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Successful completion of Patrol Shotgun, course #2043 and Handgun Instructor Recertification, course #2015.
A shooting test will be administered the morning of class. A passing score is required to continue on with the class. Please review the 25 yard range and the skills test documents under "Required Forms" for regulations.
Who can attend our classes?This class is open to active law enforcement personnel who meet the prerequisites.
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun and a less lethal shotgun.
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with minimum of 3 magazines
- Dummy training shotgun with sling (red or blue-ASP or Ring's)
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection - electronic headphones and earplugs
- Copy of your agency's firearms and less lethal policies
- One duty flashlight and one backup
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets
- Baseball cap
- Body armor
- Laptop and flashdrive
- The following are not required, but recommended
- Rain poncho/parka
- Water bottle
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds.
- 250 rounds of 00 Buckshot (reduced recoil recommended for pumps)
- 100 slug rounds
- 50 rounds of practice ammo for duty pistol
- 50 rounds of less lethal ammunition
Other Required Materials
Students must read and be prepared to identity the components of the following book:
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author: Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 13:978073603987
Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Students are responsible for reviewing the content of the Sport Skills Instruction book below. Come prepared to discuss the first 5 chapters of the book. (The final chapters will be discussed in Level II). The book can be purchased from the link below or used from a variety of sources. (Amazon, Ebay, etc.).
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 9780736039871
Dress CodeStudents attending should wear range appropriate clothing and come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$300 no show or late cancellation fee.
Failure to pass the entrance firearms qualification will result in removal of the course and charge of the full course fee.
Instructors reserve the right to send any student home for safety violations. The full course fee will be charg ed.
Instructors reserve the right to send any student home for safety violations. The full course fee will be charg
Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of patrol shotgun
- Model of patrol shotgun
Review the documents below for requirements of the entrance qualification test.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
5233 Malaga Alcoa Highway
Malaga, WA 98828
Clark County Sheriff's Range
902 Northeast 192 Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98684
Okanogan County SO Range
247-B, B & O Road North
Okanogan, WA 98840
3230 Twin Bridges Road
Richland, WA 99354