The Advanced SWAT Course is directed toward the officers currently assigned to a specialized SWAT or emergency response team. This 50 hour course focuses on the enhancement of basic skills and the development of competencies necessary to conduct specialized missions such as hostage rescues, vehicle assaults, high risk warrant service, and tubular assaults, which are not presented in the Basic SWAT Course. Force on force scenarios are also utilized to enhance the training value of the course. The course objectives are as follows:
- Introduce students to resolution strategies for resolving hostage incidents and the service of high risk search warrant missions
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Structure & the responsibilities of each position within the Team during hostage rescue and warrant service missions
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Tactics during hostage rescue and warrant service missions
- Expose students to various methods for dealing with vehicles during tactical incidents
- Expose students to bus/linear assault tactics
- Provide a thorough understanding of developing a proper Operational Plan & the necessity of after-action reviews
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via our Learning Management System (LMS).
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
- Current active member of a Law Enforcement SWAT team
- Three years of experience with a Law Enforcement SWAT team
- Must have attended SWAT Basic, course #0510. If a SWAT Basic course was completed with any other agency than CJTC, a certificate of completion must be provided with application
- Possess fundamental knowledge and skill level with all assigned gear
Who can attend our classes?Active law enforcement personnel who meet the prerequisites above may attend this course.
Mission deployment equipment:
- Entry vest
- Tactical uniform
- Rifle/SMG + (3) magazines, including Simunition® or UTM conversion kit.
- Handgun + (3) magazines, including Simunition® or UTM conversion kit.
- Eye and hearing protection
- Full face, neck, hand, and groin protection for force-on-force drills
- APR (Gas Mask)
- 300 Rounds of FX Marking Cartridges
- Red/Blue long gun and pistol, not mandatory for training
Tactical uniform must be worn daily.
Law Enforcement ID must be shown on day on of the course.
Class will be a duration of 50 hours over the course of 5 days. 100% attendance is required.
Time and location will vary by class.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$600 no show or late cancellation fee