This 65 hours course will provide the participants with an understanding of contemporary theories and concepts used during Law Enforcement tactical operations. Team building exercises will be conducted and attendees will participate in several exercises designed to develop techniques and strategies employed during tactical operations. The primary course objectives are as follows:
- Introduce students to SWAT Theory & Concepts in order to gain an understanding of SWAT utilization during Law Enforcement tactical operations.
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Structure & the responsibilities of each position within the Team.
- Introduction to the specialized equipment and munitions used by SWAT Teams.
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Tactics used during barricaded suspect and high risk warrant service missions.
- Provide an introduction to developing a proper Operational Plan & the necessity of after-action reviews.
Upon completion of this course participants will possess the fundamental knowledge and skills to function in the various positions required of a SWAT team member.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via our Learning Management System (LMS).
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?This course is open to law enforcement officers who have been recently assigned to a specialized SWAT or emergency response team.
Mission deployment equipment will be needed for class:
- Entry Vest
- Tactical Uniform
- Eye and hearing protection
- APR (Gas Mask)
- PT gear
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Class will be held 6 days of the week with some evening exercises. There will be a total of 65 training hours. Attendees are required to attend 100% of the course.
Students will be immediately removed from this course for unsafe gun handling or negligent discharge of firearms.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class.
$600 no show or late cancellation fee.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|0510-1||SWAT Basic||7/12/2021 - 7/17/2021||
3230 Twin Bridges Road
Richland, WA 99354