Driving Simulator Instructor Training
WSCJTC has two mobile (Burien and Spokane) Driving Training Simulators to provide hands-on, experiential, realistic, state-of-the-art training for your law enforcement officers, with no risks to people or equipment. The Driving Simulator allows you to expose your drivers to various dangerous, foreseeable scenarios in a controlled environment, record their reactions and response times, and discuss possible improvements. This training approach will improve critical driving skills, enhance decision-making abilities, and increase the safety of your staff and community.
WSCJTC Driving Simulator provides:
- An experiential training approach that promotes a higher transfer of learning and increased retention.
- An opportunity to standardize your curriculum to ensure consistent, quality training.
- Adjustable, gradual skill development to improve defensive driving and decision making skills.
- Customizable scenarios designed to address learning objectives relevant to your department.
- Challenging situations that target skill development and increase the trainee’s situational awareness, self-awareness, and critical thinking skills.
- Continual reinforcement of curriculum and key training areas by providing the ability for your students to practice and rehearse
- responses to dangerous situations in a safe, controlled environment.
- An after-action review feature that allows for feedback and reinforcement, which increases the speed and effectiveness of behavior change.
If you are interested in this training for your department and or for your region, please contact the WSCJTC contact below. You can take a step further and have your regional EVOC instructors trained as simulator trainers so that you will be able to sustain the training in your area on an annual basis.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?
Class is only open to active law enforcement officers.
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
No show or late cancellation fee applicable.