Social Media & Open Source Investigations
This course is hosted by the DuPont Police Department.
This two-day Social Media & Open Source Investigations course is designed to teach Law Enforcement Personnel how to legally utilize and exploit Open Source and Social Media intelligence in their respective roles. Students will be taught how to conduct covert online investigations while using advanced searching techniques.
- Legal issues regarding Social Media & Open Source Investigations
- Anonymizing techniques
- Open Source investigations
- Social Media investigations (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Handling exigent circumstances on Social Media
- Execution of legal process to Social Media
- How to document your search
- How to preserve digital evidence
- Exercises for students to demonstrate proficiency
Please refer to the class flyer for registration information.