Social Media and Open Source Investigations
This two-day Social Media and Open Source Investigations course is designed to teach Law Enforcement Personnel how to legally utilize and exploit Open Source and Social Media intelligence in their respective roles. Students will be taught how to conduct covert online investigations while using advanced searching techniques. Students will be shown relevant and current case studies to reinforce some of the unconventional investigative techniques taught in the course. Students will learn the most current case law that allows them to use these techniques in their investigations.
Course topics include:
- Legal issues regarding Social Media & Open Source Investigations
- Anonymizing techniques
- Open Source investigations
- Social Media investigations (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Handling exigent circumstances on Social Media
- Execution of legal process to Social Media
- How to document your search
- How to preserve digital evidence
- Exercises for students to demonstrate proficiency
To register for this course, please follow the instructions in the class flyers linked below.