Collision Investigation - Basic
This class is 40 hours in length and teaches basic techniques to investigate collisions. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and collect at-scene accident evidence such as tire marks, vehicle damage, roadway condition and vehicle and driver condition
- Accurately complete the standardized Accident Investigation Report
- Perform basic math and formulas for calculating a vehicle's speed prior to collision
- Understand the most effective interviewing techniques for drivers, occupants and witnesses
- Organize and prepare for court use the evidence collected from the accident scene
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS or complete the application under "Required Forms".
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?Class is only open to active law enforcement officers.
- Texas Instrument TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator
- Appropriate attire for outdoor exercises
- Colored pencils
- Mechanical pencil
- 100 foot measuring tape
- 300 foot measuring tape
- Accident templates – Northwestern University Center for Public Safety
- 4 weeks prior to the first day students will receive a link to the Student Notebook
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Hours are typically 0800 - 1700 unless marked otherwise.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
$100 no show or late cancellation fee.
Registration is preferred through the LMS system. If a paper application is needed, please complete the form below and email to email@example.com for processing.
|Session||Session Title||Selection Date||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|0201-4||Collision Investigation - Basic||2/8/2021 - 2/12/2021
0800 - 1700
Whatcom Unified Emergency Coordination Center
3888 Sound Way
Bellingham, WA 98226
|0201-3||Collision Investigation - Basic||3/8/2021||4/5/2021 - 4/9/2021||
Richland Police Department
871 George Washington Way
Richland, WA 99354