Collision Investigation - Technical
This class is 120 hours in length and will provide students working knowledge of all skills gained in both the Basic and Advanced courses. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand advanced vehicle accident concepts of pre and post-accident vehicle speeds and paths.
- Understand vehicle conditions related to accidents.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate formulas applied to specific accident situations.
- Understand the problems and appropriate solutions to hazardous materials spills following traffic accidents.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via Acadis.
Classes are limited to 20 students. Early registration is suggested.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Who can attend our classes?Certified law enforcement officers that meet the pre-requisites are eligible to attend class.
- Traffic Template (given in Basic Collision)
- Scientific calculator
- Note-taking materials (notebook paper, pens, pencils, etc.)
- Mechanical/drafting pencil(s) (5mm lead preferred)
- Colored pencils and highlighters
- Drawing compass
- 360-degree protractor and two 30, 60, 90 degree drafting triangles
- 100 and 300 ft measuring tapes
- Digital camera
- Outdoor attire for outdoor exercises
- Departmental laptop computer (encourage but not required)
Visitors attending training at the WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus.
Visitors not wearing agency identification can attend classes in business casual attire. They will need to check in at the front desk and wear a clip-on visitor's identification card.
ScheduleHours are typically 0800 - 1700 unless noted otherwise.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$100 no show or late cancellation fee.
Registration is preferred through the LMS system. If a paper application is needed, please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status|
|0203-1||Collision Investigation - Technical||6/6/2022 - 6/24/2022
0800 - 1700
Vancouver Police Department - East Precinct
520 SE 155th Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98684
|0203-2||Collision Investigation - Technical||1/9/2023 - 1/27/2023
0800 - 1700
Lakewood Police Department
9401 Lakewood Drive Southwest
Lakewood, WA 98499