Patrol Rifle Instructor
The Patrol Rifle Instructor course is 40 hours in length. This course is designed for the Officer who already exhibits above average rifle shooting/manipulation skills and will give them the knowledge and techniques to better transfer those skills to other Officers. This course is NOT an advanced course NOR is it a remedial rifle training course for Officers with poor rifle skills. This course is a blend of classroom and range to give the participant updated information related to the rifle platform and instructing the same, while also giving them practical range time to further develop their skill in operation and teaching the patrol rifle.
This course will include the following topics:
- Trouble-shooting carbines
- The use of optics and how to zero them
- Principle and context based drills related to manipulations, marksmanship and combat shooting
- Coaching techniques to increase officers rifle shooting skills
- An understanding of external and terminal ballistics and the factors which affect the bullet’s flight, and how to develop a departmental rifle program and qualification course.
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via LMS.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class; those accepted into the class will receive a notification at that time.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Successful completion of WSCJTC Hangdun Level 1 Course.
A passing score of 90% on the entrance and manipulation skills shooting test is required. Both tests will be conducted on day one of the course. To review the requirements, see our Entry Level Test and Manipulation Skills Entry forms.
- A pre qualification can be arranged by contacting one of the current CJTC Master Firearms Instructor on the CJTC Firearms MI Contact List.
- Qualification forms are listed below:
Failure of the entry qualification, (Less than 90% or 450 out of 500 pts) will result in the student being released from the course. Fees will not be waived.
Who can attend our classes?This course is open to active law enforcement personnel who meet the perquisites.
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical) optional light mount. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines
- If available an inert training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s)
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines
- Inert training pistol to fit your duty holster (red or blue gun - ASP or Ring's)
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs
- Copy of your agency’s firearms policies
- One duty flashlight and one backup
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets
- Baseball cap
- Body armor
- Laptop and flashdrive
- 1000 rounds for rifle
- 10 inert (dummy) rifle rounds
- 200 rounds duty pistol
Students attending should wear range appropriate clothing. Come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
RegulationAfter successful completion, students will receive a CJTC Patrol Rifle Instructor certification that will be valid for 3 years; to maintain the instructor certification, students must complete a Recertification Course (8 hours) within 3 years of initial certification.
Classes will be held 0800 – 1700 Monday through Friday.
A minimum of 10 students is required for the course to be held. Participants will be notified two weeks prior to the course if they are accepted, or if the course is cancelled.
Deadline to cancel is 7 days prior to class. Send an email to email@example.com to cancel your registration.
$500 no show or late cancellation fee.
Applicants who fail the prerequisite entry range shooting test (qual) on day one, will be removed from the class and charged the full course fee.
Instructor reserves the right to send any student home for safety violations
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|2014-4||Patrol Rifle Instructor||4/20/2020 - 4/24/2020
0800 - 1700
401 Washington Street Suite 1
Wenatchee, WA 98801
|2014-1||Patrol Rifle Instructor||8/3/2020 - 8/7/2020
0800 - 1000
King County Gun Range
26520 292nd Avenue Southeast #3
Ravensdale, WA 98051
|2014-2||Patrol Rifle Instructor||9/21/2020 - 9/25/2020
0800 - 1700
Spokane Police Department Training Center
2302 North Waterworks Street
Spokane, WA 99212