Private Security Certified Firearms Instructors
Private Security (PS) Certified Firearms Instructors are made up of a cadre of individuals that currently work for security companies and/or law enforcement agencies.
To become a Private Security Certified Firearms Instructor:
- Individuals must meet the mission and values of the WSCJTC.
- Uphold the rules set forth in WAC 139-37.
- Currently working for a security or law enforcement agency
- Currently working for a firearms training company or other entity firearms instructor (e.g. NRA, Oregon DPSST, Idaho POST).
PS Certified Firearms Instructors follow a set curriculum created by the WSCJTC. Any instructor not following the Firearms Certificate Training Process can be reported to WSCJTC at email@example.com. Instructors unable to meet program policies and WAC 139-37 will be removed from the instructor cadre.
Looking for information on the Firearms Certificate Program? Please click here.
If you are interested in any of our PS Certified Instructor classes, please click on one of the course links below to view application requirements, fees, and other information pertaining to the specific class.
Current Private Security Firearms Instructors
Stay up to date and review our PS Instructor Program Policies.
All guards, investigators, and bail bond recovery agents holding current firearms certificates with their armed licenses must re-certify on all firearms they use in the course of their duties annually prior to license expiration.
Any instructors needing to update their information may do using this Instructor Update Form.
- Completed qualification test forms are to be given to the students or their agencies.
- Do not mail in student forms to the WSCJTC.
- Instructors must use the 2018 versions of all forms. These will be the only accepted forms effective August 1, 2018.
- Submit ALL training attendance rosters to firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours after completion of firearms certificate training.
|Course Name||Course Number||Description||Cost|
|2324/2325||This course series is designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. It will introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction.||Costs will vary by session. Please see class dates below for more information.|
|2321/2323||This course series is designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. It will introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for shotgun instruction.||Costs will vary by session. Please see class dates below for more information.|
|2322/2320||This course series is designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. Participants will receive Instructor Certification upon successful completion of the course.||Costs will vary by session. Please see class dates below for more information.|
|2327||This course will give the shooter the mental tools to help overcome recoil bracing under stress. The student's ability to shoot accurately under stress will be enhanced and the shooter will have knowledge of the science behind their success.||$100|
|2326||The Scoped Rifle Instructor course is designed to provide law enforcement and security instructors with the knowledge and skills necessary to train employees how to effectively deploy a rifle weapon system equipped with a telescopic sight.||$700|