Handgun Instructor Recertification
This class serves as a recertification of Firearms Handgun Instructor for Level 1, Level 2 and Handgun Optics Instructor. It is 24 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current firearms instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories as well as a review of motor learning and feedback principles, along with updates on RDS technology and training standards. In addition, this course will provide a review of federal and state laws and contemporary legal standards relating to the use of deadly force.
Course topics are as follows:
- Review of state & federal laws concerning use of deadly force
- Handgun Instructor Manual review
- Review principles of the Enoka and Heim studies
- Review handgun manipulation Techniques
- ACMLP (Sport Skills Instruction for Coaches book) review and application
- Handgun marksmanship qualification
- Current marksmanship and combat shooting techniques
- Aiming principles to include red dot sight discussion and application
To register for the course, contact your Training Manager to assign the training to you via Acadis.
Upcoming classes are listed below. Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Participants will be notified two weeks prior to the course of their registration acceptance OR any course cancellation.
If classes are full, or not available, please complete the Course Interest Survey. This is not a waiting list, but instead helps us see if there is enough interest to create another class. If we schedule a session, we will contact everyone who has completed the survey and request that registration be completed.
Successful completion of Handgun Instructor Level 1, course #2011.
- A pre qualification can be arranged by contacting one of the current CJTC Master Firearms Instructor on the CJTC Firearms MI Contact List.
Who can attend our classes?This class is open to active law enforcement personnel who meet the prerequisites.
- Department approved handgun w/ three magazines
- Duty belt with agency approved holster and magazine pouches
- Duty flashlight w/backup light recommended
- Eye protection and ear protection
- BDU Type pants w/cargo pockets
- Body armor will be worn while on range
- Laptop and Flash drive
- Handgun - 1,200 rounds of handgun ammunition, 25 inert training rounds, (dummy rounds)
Other Required Materials
Students are responsible for the content of the Sport Skill Instruction for Coaches book. A review of the book based on the Level 1 handout will be conducted over the three days:
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author: Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 9780736039871
Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Dress CodeStudents attending should wear range appropriate clothing and come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
Class hours are 0800-1700, Monday – Friday, with the exception of State and Federal Holidays.
To cancel registration, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to class.
|Session||Session Title||Dates & Hours||Location||Status||Cost|
|2015-5||Handgun Instructor Recertification||3/3/2023 - 3/8/2023
0800 - 1700
Lakewood Police Department
9401 Lakewood Drive Southwest
Lakewood, WA 98499
|2015-6||Handgun Instructor Recertification||4/10/2023 - 4/12/2023||
Spokane Police Training Center
2302 North Waterworks Street
Spokane, WA 98823
|2015-1||Handgun Instructor Recertification||7/24/2023 - 7/25/2023||
Richland Training Center
3230 Twin Bridges Road
Richland, WA 99354